My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Yeah. I got nothin.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Home

Okay, I'm ready to go home now. What?!? What do you mean, I can't go home yet?!?
I always forget how easy it is to get to Campbell, yet how leaving never seems to be an option. Suppose leaving The Kid here makes it a little harder, Ma's got work to do, can't just ditch The Kid with her. The parents are taking The Kid camping next week, and that can't be avoided. The only other option is going with them, and I want my own bed back. At least a bed without child in it. The Kid is amazingly mobile, and vocal, in her sleep. She dreams about soccer. A lot. And plays soccer. In bed. In her sleep. And it hurts me. Cause getting kicked and head butted by a small fiend shouting, "Soccer Team! Soccer Team!" at 4 am really puts a damper on my eight hours.
So I'm counting the minutes 'till Tuesday, when I can take a shower whenever I want, and fuck the hot water supply. And I'm so gonna hop in that shower without checking the tub for Giant Mutated Spiders first. I hate Giant Mutated Spiders. Fucking hate them. Coming to Campbell really makes me appreciate living on the seventh floor of a cement building. At home, I have no Giant Mutated Spiders, and I don't think living a Giant Mutated Spider free life is too much to ask. Come on, people, we're in Canada here, not the fucking jungle.
Tuesday. I can make it. Just until Tuesday. And I don't even have to count Tuesday, cause I'll be home in decent time then.
Oh yeah. Shower, spider free. Beer. Patio, pub, wherever. Good talks. Sleep. Child free bed. Twenty minute shower. Coffee. Patio. Beer. Patio.
I'm ready to go home now....

2 Comments:

Blogger Boo! said...

Holy shit. I moved into a basement suite and I don't even have Giant Mutated Spiders. What spilled in Campbell??

See ya on Tuesday.

8/20/2005 9:32 PM  
Blogger Impulsivecompulsive said...

These things are amazing. They're freaking huge (size of your hand huge) and they're Everywhere. Especially in the bathtub.
One more day, then it's Tuesday. Counting down...

8/21/2005 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home