My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Yeah. I got nothin.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Patio Thoughts


Last night I went out on my balcony for a smoke, which made me think of how much easier it will be in a couple of months when it will stay light out late enough for me too do some readings while sitting outside. Which made me realize I should go inside and do some reading. Which led me to distracting myself with thoughts of how we evaluate GDP and how annoying it is that so many people think that it alone can be used as a means of evaluating the standard of living in a state. Which reminded me that a) Bono is (what? preaching?) at the church downtown and b) apparently U2 makes up a major portion of the GDP of Ireland. Which got me thinking about how little I know about Ireland, other than IRA, U2 and that movie with that kid that dances (Billy something?). Which made me realize that the movie with the kid that dances was the second to last movie I saw in the theater, and the last time I actually went somewhere by simply making plans, putting clothes on, and leaving the house (marina/motorhome/parking lot/whatev) without worrying about finding a babysitter, or whether I can actually get to where I want to go without being to late for whatever I want to do, or whether I can get home early enough, or whether my plans are even worth paying a babysitter for. Which reminded me that I'm supposed to go day-camping, and therefore may have been a little pre-emptive in grounding The Kid. Which made me want a beer. Which made me realize that I don't got no beer, and since The Kid was finally in bed, could not get any, despite the fact that I live within a block of four liquor stores. Which brought me back to the Irish-dancing-kid movie. Which made me realize that I could really use another destressor. Which reminded me that my vibrator is still broken. At which point I made a mental note to invest in a new one. Which reminded me that I have to replace the fish tank this semester. Which reminded me that I still have to get new contacts and glasses if I want to see anything. Which made me realize that there is no way I can afford a new vibrator.

Which made me cranky.

I need a vacation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Boo! said...

What was that? A downward thought spiral? You need beer.

5/20/2006 11:32 PM  
Blogger Impulsivecompulsive said...

Sara: I do beleive it may be a universal parenting thought chain, at least for parents that don't have the means of ditching the kids at a moments notice...what I wouldn't give to have a 13 yr old girl living next door who doesn't have any friends. That would be heaven.

Erica: Downward like foxes, baby. Downward like foxes.
And yeah, I did need a beer. Gotta master the art of stocking up without drinking the entire supply immediately.

5/21/2006 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home