My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Yeah. I got nothin.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Steal-o-Meme

Stolen via Pandagon, who did not steal it from Lauren, because I needs to post something on this here blog.

Here's what you do:
1. Open your music library
2. Set settings to "Shuffle"
3. Press play
4. For each entry, type the song that's playing
5. For new entry, press the next/forward button

Editor's note: I reordered this list according to the original, then moved everything that I haven't yet done to behind those things that I have done. Logical, no?

Opening credits: Wolf Parade - Shine a Light
Starts out all optimistic, don't it?

Waking up: The Moldy Peaches - NYC's Like a Graveyard
Appropriate? Well no. I've never been to NYC. Heck, I'm not even American. But hey, it's a good song to wake up to, anyway.

First day at school: Morcheeba - Let Me See
And things start to go downhill....

Life's okay: The Killers - Mr. Brightside
How are we defining "okay" again?

Mental breakdown: Macy Gray - I Try
Okay. This would've worked out better if it was post-falling-out-of-love, but it ain't. Well, ya can't always win on the shuffle, I say.

Birth of child: Snow Patrol - You're All I Have
Well, that's fucking depressing. Let's go back to mental breakdown. Or for a smoke.

Prom: (AKA College graduation, for those of us who kinda skipped out on that whole high school thing) Britta Persson - Defrag My Heart
Heh. That's kinda funny.

Falling in love: Broken Social Scene - Pitter Patter Goes My Heart
Awww. Now that's just sweet. Now I wanna fall in love with something that doesn't need batteries.

Breaking up: Sleater Kinney - Roller Coaster
Well, at least I'll take it well.

Driving: Count Bass-D - Seven Years
I'm taking this to mean that I'm going to have a license by the time The Kid is seven. I hope. Seriously, would someone please lend me a car so I can get my license? (And no, Shadow, it doesn't count if that car perpetually has three raging kids in the backseat. I refuse to practice driving under those conditions, thank you.)

Flashback: Long Beach Dub Allstars - Sunny Hours
I shall flashback to the days when I said "ya'll" every second word. Ya'll right, ya'll?

Getting back together: Broken Social Scene - Swimmers
Hmmm. Two BSS songs in one meme. How unoriginal.

Wedding: (AKA: willingness to commit for life) Lou Barlow - Caterpillar Girl
I have no idea what that means. I'm just a creepy little bugger without a man? The conservatives were right? Who knows.

Final battle: Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood #4
WTF? This is just getting stupid. Ohhhhh...."Time is creeping through the neighbourhood, killing old folks...." I get it. Movin' on. No wait, this song just gets more and more depressing as we go. Well, then, that fits.

Funeral song: No. No way. I'm not doing another BSS song. I'm breaking the rules, and hitting forward again.

Funeral song: Headstones - Tweeter And The Monkey Man
Go figure.

End credits: Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark
Hah! Hah hah! If I'm going down, I'm taking all of you with me! And in a very depressing and emo kinda way! Hah!

So, that's about it. Make your own, impress your friends!
Bye.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sherese said...

This is what I get ditched for?

awwwwwwwwww.....................Taking care of your own back yard is not so fun when you can't go streaking naked through it for fear that social services will take the fruit of your loins.

11/25/2006 2:50 AM  
Blogger Samwick said...

It's cold outside today. Well, it's cold for the southern US. I have no idea what cold for Canada is like. My guess is that if you were to visit here today, you'd think it was virtually tropical. But, we rarely get the extremes. It was 8 degrees the other morning, that's probably more your style. But, todays it's in the 40's. Cold, but pleasantly so. Winter clothes are just more aesthetically pleasing. They hide more, and therefore hint more. Summer clothes are just too obvious for my tastes. I prefer the subtle. Anyway. I hope you're well. You are missed.

12/09/2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger Samwick said...

I've realized this week that the phrase "farcical marmalade" is very difficult to use in a sentence.

12/13/2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger Impulsivecompulsive said...

Shadow: What?

Matt: You made me laugh. Well, first, you made me hunt down a temperature converter so I could figure out what you're saying in celsius, then I laughed.
You know how they say that Vancouver is warm for Canada? Well, they really mean it. In the 40's under the average temperature here for December, and as for 8 degrees? Never happened; at least in my lifetime here, and as far as I remember. Coldest we've had is -9 celcius (I lost the converter, you've gotta figure that one out for yourself), and that was when I was fifteen. And living on norther Vancouver Island, which is a colder system then Vancouver.

Don't worry; I don't laugh at you - I laugh with you. Once, when I was living in the Yukon (know that's cold!!), we we're planning a roadtrip through the southern states, and a man from Kentucky convinced me that there shouldn't be more than about foot of snow in Alabama in September. Yep.

Oh, and farcical marmalade? That's gonna be a tough one. Good luck with that.

Shadow: No, seriously; what?

12/15/2006 10:53 PM  
Blogger Impulsivecompulsive said...

Wow, I should really reread what I type before I publish my comments. Grand prize goes to who ever can find the most typos.

12/15/2006 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home