My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Yeah. I got nothin.

Monday, September 26, 2005

On Smudging and Guilt Trips

Smudging
At the park yesterday, a friend of the Spiritualist smudged us. (Performed smudging on us? I dunno.) I have to say that if I was going to take up a religion, I'd have to go with one that smudges.
We were sitting under a tree in the park, and when the Spiritualists friend began smudging us, every crow in the area flew to the tree over us, and set off on the loudest, most raucous cawing I have ever heard. While The Spiritualist was being smudged, I just lay on my back on the grass looking up at the crows, and laughed my ass off. They were great.
And that's all I have to say about that. Maybe it was one of those you had to be there sort of things, maybe if you had been there, you still wouldn't have gotten it. But it was the icing on the cake of a utterly unproductive in only the best of ways kinda day.

Guilt Tripping
My instructor stopped me after class today. We have ten weekly assignments over the course of the semester, each of which is worth one percent. The first one was due last week, the next tonight at midnight. The third one is due on Wednesday. I haven't started any of them.
Instructor: You haven't done any of your assignments. I wanted to know why.
Me: I left the first one until the last minute, then found out I need Java, which I can't download because my computers an AMD 64. I'm going to do the next one today.
Instructor: Oh, do you want an extension? I can give you until the 27th to do the first three.
Me: Um, no, you don't need to do that. I left it to the last minute. And I can use the computer in Heidi's office for the next ones.
Instructor: Well, it was partially a hardware problem, that's understandable. I should give you an extention.
Me: If you want to, well thanks.
Okay, maybe the first assignment. But an extension on the one due tonight? Come on, I've had a week to find a computer in....like say walking my sorry ass up two flights of stairs to the computer labs.
Meanwhile, I've got this little audience of people that are actually having problems in the class (don't get me wrong, I still think they're all fucking morons if they can't get this shit), and they're not getting any extensions. Way to make friends and influence people.
Sure! I love being cut a break cause I'm a lazy assed fucker who can't even be bothered to lie about it!
So now I'm committed to doing the bloody assignments. Damn it all.

And In Other News
I recently joined the modern world of communication, and got my first cell phone.
Today, I got my first cell phone bill.
I owe a whopping negative $60. Out of my three phone companies, I don't think there's any doubt as to which has one my heart. Oh yeah, negative bills rock my world. Who needs sex and chocolate?

Wait a minute, I just remembered that I stashed fudge somewhere in my apartment. My bad, I got caught up in the moment, and lied. I'd ditch the negative bill for sex and chocolate in a heartbeat.
And now I'm off to trash my apartment in the hopes of finding that elusive fudge. Wish me luck, and hope The Kid didn't find it first.

3 Comments:

Blogger Boo! said...

You haven't eaten that fudge yet? You bought it last week!!

Heathen.

9/26/2005 7:39 PM  
Blogger Impulsivecompulsive said...

I'm part squirrel. I hide these things from The Kid, then forget I hid them, then find out that I had previously hidden them when The Kid finds them and eats them.
Remember July's 3am candycane incident?

9/26/2005 7:41 PM  
Blogger Coping Catherine said...

Ha ha i remember the candy cane incident...

9/27/2005 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home