My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Yeah. I got nothin.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

For Auld Lang Syne

New Years Resolution:
Compromise.
Accept that for every choice I make, there is a choice I didn't take.
Realize that these are my decisions, and that any repercussions accrued from the decisions I make are mine, and mine alone.
Realize that I am me, and that I can't expect to be treated like anything other than me, without first giving up being who I am.
Understand that should I want something to change, I have to make it change. Uncontrolled change is never a good thing. People don't win the lottery, people die.
Understand that should I not choose to make changes happen, I have chosen life to be as it is.
Understand that although I may not get what I want, it's okay as long what I do get, I want even more.
Understand that part of what I want is to just be me, as I am.

Apparently this is my one hundredth post. Let's see where we're at at one thousand, shall we?

7 Comments:

Blogger Samwick said...

My New Years Resolution: to comment on your blog more because you rock.

1/03/2006 4:46 AM  
Blogger Impulsivecompulsive said...

Thank you! That comment made my morning. Well, you're great to wake up to.
That's it, I'm joining Matt's harem.

1/03/2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger Samwick said...

Woo-hoo!

1/04/2006 12:58 AM  
Blogger Samwick said...

By the way, my harem comes with complimentary beer and a so-so dental plan.

1/04/2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger Impulsivecompulsive said...

Sweet. Complimentary beer. Fuck my teeth.

1/04/2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Boo! said...

You're making my teeth hurt. I still haven't taken advantage of our dental plan.

1/07/2006 12:18 AM  
Blogger Boo! said...

I had money for you when you picked up the kid on Thursday. Remind me on Tuesday and I'll remember to take it out of my pocket this time!

1/07/2006 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home