My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Yeah. I got nothin.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Meme Time

Well, I've got my first meme here, after being tagged by Matt, so here goes:

List Five Weird Things About Me:

1) I have a thing for cleaning. Not my own apartment, mind you, but other people's places. My place is pretty tidy, nothing you'd call compulsively anal, but every time I walk into someone else's place, I just want to clean. Or at the least, rearrange furniture. I'm at the point where when I fade into fantasyland, I'm dreamin' of going back in time to the middle ages, cause man, did they need some serious scrubbing.

2) Speaking of dreaming, I'm capable of fading out into my own little world in the middle of any conversation, with anyone, at any time. Even if I'm the one doing the talking. Oh yeah, you can't hold me to that, cause I have no fucking idea what I've just been saying for the last half hour. I was thinking about how bloody cute ducks are.

3) I have one hundred and one 'weird little quirks'. I think people are supposed to stop at one or two, but I've covered the gamut. I carried a lucky quarter for the last ten years. (Just lost it.) I'm incapable of doing anything that requires even minimal manual dexterity without sticking out my tongue (eg. brushing my hair). I occationally yell at people in my sleep. I'm terrified of the monster under the couch (not bed). I don't like bugs, but find giant african millipedes awfully cute and tickly. The list goes on....

4) Occationally I dissolve into fits of psycho-hypochondria, and diagnose myself as whatever happens to be handy. I then live by the rules of the diagnosis, until eventually forgetting that I've decided to be crazy, and returning to normal. My last self-diagnosis was Borderline Personality Disorder, which I found to be complete justification to temporarily give up on my education, and make everyone around me buy me booze. I must quit allowing myself to skim the DSM-IV.

5) I'm a well versed procrastinator. To avoid reading my textbooks, I've read:
- The dictionary
- The encyclopedia
- The phone book (cover to cover....although I did skim.)
- My dad's old medical textbooks
- Other people's textbooks on completely irrelevant topics (although that strikes me as normal, maybe?)
And that's just things I've read. I've also spent two hours helping others study for their exams, two hours before my exam which I hadn't yet studied for. Not to mention the scrubbing of the fixtures and cabinet hardware with a toothbrush, the burning need to fung shui the entire apartment, the sudden urges to paint the furniture....yeah, you get my drift. Basically, I will do anything for anyone, if it gets me out of doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

So, I Tag Thee:

7 Comments:

Blogger Agent 31 said...

Alright... gimme a a day or two. Weirdo.

1/10/2006 8:13 PM  
Blogger Impulsivecompulsive said...

Get to work, guys. I expect memes, pronto!

1/11/2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger Girl With An Alibi said...

Wow! Okay that is the weirdest Weird list I've ever read. You win the Oscar for Weirdest Blogger. (bows humbly)

1/12/2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Boo! said...

Occationally I dissolve into fits of psycho-hypochondria, and diagnose myself as whatever happens to be handy.

There's no stopping you, is there?

1/12/2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger Impulsivecompulsive said...

Alibi: I always thought I may be a little odd. Now it's been proven.

Erica: Heck no. Nothing'll stop me, unless it's a tainted pizza, that is. At which point I become completelly normal...for a semi-comatose person, that is.

1/12/2006 7:59 PM  
Blogger Fist of Trueness said...

This may sound strange, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind emailing me about something. Nothing big, just a question about some writing.

truecraig[at]yahoo[dot]com

Fucking spammers and their scraping technology... they KILL me. WHOO HOO!

2/09/2006 7:58 AM  
Blogger Impulsivecompulsive said...

Truecraig: Yup. I mailed you my address, so check your junk mail.

2/09/2006 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home